Welcome to What-El.se?!
This is your first post briefing you on how things work @ Name.ly. So what may you wish to do next?
- Put the list of your sites (to be seen on “My Sites” tab).
- Add few words about yourself (to be shown on “About Me” tab).
- Share your public contact details (to appear on “Contact Me” tab).
- Rename or hide some tabs (e.g., you may wish to remove this “My Blog” tab).
- Else, if you love blogging: create posts and share your photos, videos, thoughts, you name it.
- Upload your site icon and personal avatar (to be used as favicon and in comments too).
Other Name.ly features to consider:
- Change the theme and the widgets of your site and its various settings in the administration section.
- Configure your short URLs.
- Set Facebook Like Button appearance.
- Configure internal or Google analytics to track your site’s visitors. Once the stats collection is enabled, you can view the results instantly.
- Follow Name.ly on Facebook*, Google Buzz*, Twitter*, Yahoo! Me.Me*, or subscribe to our RSS news feed* to stay updated on new features.
If you are looking for a way to consolidate your other sites and social profiles [see the sample pages here*] then please choose one of many Name.ly themes and then configure it accordingly. The following three are the most popular among our users:
- LiveTweets (a Twitter home page with links etc) [click here to preview*]
- Name.ly/Cards (styled business cards) [click here to preview*]
- Name.ly/Frames (one single page that loads your other sites) [click here to preview*]
Few more useful hints and tips you might wish to discover:
- Print a t-shirt or a mug* with your new jingling web address.
- Tell your friends about your new fancy address on your other sites, or by sending them a personal invitation.
- Insert your new site’s link into your e-mail signature [tell me how*]: impress your friends with your brand new elegant Internet address in the e-mail footer and in this way update them on the latest news around you each time you press the “send” button.
- If you decide to run a blog, remember that you can upload multiple pictures into galleries with just few clicks. Just create a new post and then press on “Add media” star-icons above the formatting menu.
- By the way, you can edit, delete, or make this introductory post private. Or add another one.
- If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions, you are welcome to write* to a member of our staff and the answer will be with you shortly.
Happy blogging indeed!
Name.ly: names easy to remember, impossible to forget.